The president’s special adviser to the media and the public, Femi Adesina, said the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was not responsible for not rescuing all the kidnapped Chibok girls.
Appearing on a Channels TV show on Thursday, April 27, Adesina said Buhari’s authorities had rescued several girls at a time when the trial was faint even though they had been kidnapped during the previous administration. there.
“It is like a self-accounting when you are exiting a position of public office to be humble enough to know that you have not done everything perfectly.
“In 2015, we knew where Nigeria was, today we know where we are… Two hundred and sixty-seven were spirited away, about 57 escaped immediately, and over 100 have been returned by the administration.
“The ones that are left, I think 90-something, they are Nigerians, they have the right to be brought back.
“But then, if a government came in when the trail was already cold and you couldn’t trace where the girls were taken, you can’t then blame it solely for not bringing them back, that would not be quite right.
“Dachi girls were taken under the administration, and within the week they were recovered except maybe five including Leah Sharibu sadly.”
Adesina also said that Buhari’s government was proactive to tackle the kidnap at the time it occurred, adding that the incoming administration should take up the responsibility to recover the girls.
“I believe that with the Chibok Girls, we should rather appreciate God and appreciate the government for what was achieved. It is not as if the government folded its hands and didn’t do anything, it did its level best.
“And because the government is a continuum, the incoming government, if it recovers more of those girls, the country will gladly receive them.”